When a new patient calls to schedule an appointment with us, usually the question would be one of the followings:
- I live close by and I saw your office, I want to schedule an appointment.
- How much do you charge for a cleaning? ( or any other procedure). I want to schedule an appointment.
- So and so referred me to you, and they already told me about the dentistry that you do, I want to schedule an appointment.
- I saw your office online, and I read your reviews, I want to schedule an appointment.
- I was at my specialist ( An orthodontist, an endodontist, a periodontist or an oral surgeon), and I asked him if he knew a good restorative dentist that he could recommend, and they mentioned your name, I want to schedule an appointment.
- I have Aetna ( or any other insurance company), and I am wondering if you are in network with my insurance company or not.
Among all of the above, I always felt that looking strictly for a dentist ( or even a medical doctor) that is in network, will make you miss on a large slice of a great doctors.
To me, it is like when you decide to buy a car, you look at the closest dealer to your house, and you buy the car from that dealer only.
There are many dental insurance companies out there like: Aetna, Delta, Signa, United Health Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and many more. Most of them offer a small annual maximum coverage of $1000.00-$2000.00 per year for dental work. So dental insurance is so different than medical insurance, and it is more like an extra help, than a true and complete coverage when a dental need arises.
In order to keep our quality care high, spend the needed time with you, without having to rush to see someone on the other chair, and to be able to attend the best continuing education available, we chose not to be in-network with any insurance company.
We still contact the insurance for you, and explain to you how it works, file an electronic claim for you, and follow up on the claim.
If you look for price, you compromise on the quality, since you truly can’t get more for less, and our complimentary consultation, would tell you what we mean by that.
From your cosmetic dentist in Laurel MD.